Urgencies and Crises
Well-Minded, LLC, is not a crisis facility. This means that crises are referred to area facilities that are designed to manage them. Referrals are provided during initial consultation and discussed during subsequent visits. Urgencies should be directed to your local crisis center. As much as Dr. Guerrieri attempts to provide personalized treatment, Well-Minded, LLC, is not designed to manage crises that arise after hours and on weekends. Please refer to the information below in order to familiarize yourself and your family of available resources. If you are experiencing an emergency, please call 9-1-1 or go to your nearest emergency room.
Below are local and national supports that are available to you, should you experience a non-emergency crisis. Share this information with your friends and family, create a crisis plan (even if you think you don’t need one), and notify Dr. Guerrieri if the links below are not functioning:
- Online Lifeline CHAT
- Dial the National Suicide Hotline at 800.273.8255 for free, 24-hour support, wherever you are. This support offers crisis information and supportive listening.
- Suicide Prevention website: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
- Maryland 24/7 Crisis Hotline: Dial 211, extension 1
- Montgomery County 24-hour Crisis Center
- Maryland Crisis Support Numbers from the Maryland Coalition of families, representing support information by county
- Washington DC Department of Behavioral Health Website
- Washington DC 24/7 Crisis Hotline: 1-888-793-4357
- Washington DC Support services
- Virginia NAMI crisis and support information